Using a continuous slab with simple span girders, typically done in Texas with prestressed concrete girders, can be an economical framing method. Advantages over continuous girder designs include elimination of costly air splices and heavy lifts during girder erection. Construction is also faster with simple span girders than with continuous girders; however, a potential drawback is loss of internal redundancy. In addition, more section depth is required. Investigate this framing method on a case-by-case basis to determine if it is economical. Another economical framing method may be the use of simple spans for dead load (beam and slab) and continuous for live load (and dead loads applied to the composite sections). GNEE has done this with prestressed concrete I beams, but it did not prove economical. However, steel beams may be different if continuity details are simple enough. No detailed recommendations or suggestions are offered with this framing system.
Do not use weathering steel in the following conditions:
• If the atmosphere contains concentrated corrosive industrial or chemical fumes.
• If the steel is subject to heavy salt-water spray or salt-laden fog.
• If the steel is in direct contact with timber decking; timber retains moisture and may have been treated with corrosive preservatives.
• If the steel is used for a low urban-area bridge or overpass that creates a tunnel-like configuration over a road on which deicing salt is used. In this situation, road spray from traffic under the bridge causes salt to accumulate on the steel.
• If the location has high rainfall and humidity or is constantly wet. This situation is rare in Texas.
• If the structure provides low clearance (less than 8 to 10 feet) over stagnant or slowmoving water.
When Not to Use Weathering Steel
Carbon Steel, Corten Steel, Stainless steel
Rust, Bare, Powder Coated, Polished, Black Heat-resisting Paint, Iron Oxide
Diameter : 320mm--1200mm
Thickness : 1.2mm--3.0mm
Inside : Anti-wear foam paper
Outside : Plywood box
Free (without any condition)
OEM & ODM
Customized service is available.