Corten Steel was originally developed for industrial uses such as bridge building and construction as it is incredibly strong.
· It is favoured by garden designers and landscapers for its striking rusty appearance which is formed during the weathering process.
· The weathering process takes approximately 3-9 months.
· The rust acts as a protective barrier, which does not penetrate or compromise the structural integrity of the material.
· During the weathering process the Corten Steel produces carbon run off which can cause staining to adjacent materials such as stone or concrete.
· To prevent staining or damage to surfaces, it is recommended that you do not place a Corten Steel product on a surface which will stain until the weathering process is complete.
· After the initial weathering period where the reaction can cause this run off, the Corten Steel will self- seal with little to no carbon run off.